How To Clean Suede And Nubuck Material Shoes - Suede and Nubuck Shoes are always in fashion. Men and women both love the luxurious look of nubuck and suede shoes, which are suitable for any event (especially in autumn and winter). These sneakers are prone to stains and scratches, though. The important question that arises then is, How To Clean Suede And Nubuck Material Shoes?
Cleaning suede and nubuck shoes can be a bit tricky as these materials are more delicate and can easily be damaged by water and other cleaning agents. Although, all these hardships should not stop you from wearing your favorite pair of suede shoes! We will give you the entire guide to clean your Suede and Nubuck shoes.
Using The Right Cleaning Products
As Suede and Nubuck are one of the most delicate and prone to scratches and stains, you cannot use the harsh brushes and Shoe Cleaners on them. These products will lead to dull shoes, affecting the shine or texture of their suede material. SHOEGR has the best products for cleaning Suede and Nubuck Shoes. Our Soft Shoe Cleaning Brush is specially handcrafted to make your Suede Shoes look as good as new. The SHOEGR Cleaning Solution is called the elixir, and rightfully so, as it can take our any stain without scratching the surface of your shoes.
How To Clean Suede Shoes With SHOEGR Products?
- Unlace your Suede shoes and make sure to insert a shoe tree to keep them from creasing during the cleaning process. Don't have a shoe tree? No problem, just use some newspaper to stuff the shoe instead.
- Next, take a Soft SHOEGR brush and use it to gently dry brush your Suede shoes to remove any dirt or debris.
- To create the perfect shoe cleaning solution, add three gentle pumps of SHOEGR solution to 250ml of water and mix well using the soft brush.
- Now, dip the soft brush in the SHOEGR liquid and use circular motions to clean the upper part of your Suede shoes.
- Take the Microfiber cloth from the kit and use it to pat away the lather from the upper.
- For the Midsole, switch to the Medium brush and dip it in the SHOEGR solution.
- Gently brush off any dirt or grime and then wipe it away using the Microfiber cloth.
- To tackle the bottom of the shoe, use the Hard brush dipped in the SHOEGR solution in circular motions to break up any stubborn dirt. Once you're satisfied with the cleaning, allow the shoes to air dry.
- Finally, after the shoes have dried completely, take the Medium Brush and move it back and forth over the suede to help it regain its texture. Once you're done, lace up your freshly cleaned Suede shoes and get ready to show them off!
How To Clean Nubuck Shoes using SHOEGR Products?
- Start your shoe cleaning routine by unlacing your shoes and setting the laces aside. Now, to prevent any unsightly wrinkles, insert a shoe tree into your shoes. Don't have a shoe tree on hand? No worries, just use a newspaper to stuff the shoe instead.
- Grab the Soft SHOEGR Brush from the kit and use it to dry brush the upper of your beloved nubuck shoes.
- For the perfect shoe cleaning solution, mix three gentle pumps of SHOEGR solution into 250ml of water using the soft brush.
- Once you have your cleaning solution ready, dip the soft brush in it and use circular motions to clean the upper part of your Nubuck shoes.
- To wipe away the lather and any remaining dirt, use the included Microfiber cloth in the kit.
- To clean the Midsole, switch to the Medium brush and dip it in the SHOEGR solution. Use it to gently brush off any dirt or grime and then wipe it away using the Microfiber cloth.
- For the bottom of your sneaker, you'll need the Hard brush. Dip it in the SHOEGR solution and use it in circular motions to break up any stubborn dirt.
- Once you're done, use the Microfiber cloth to wipe it clean.
Now that your shoes are clean, it's time to let them air dry before moving on to the next step in your routine.
Frequently Asked Questions about Suede and Nubuck Shoe Cleaning.
Q1: What should I do if my suede or nubuck shoes get wet?
A: If your suede or nubuck shoes get wet, stuff them with newspaper or a clean cloth to help them keep their shape and to absorb any excess moisture. Let them dry at room temperature, away from direct heat or sunlight.
Q2: How often should I clean my suede or nubuck shoes?
A: It depends on how often you wear them and how dirty they get. As a general rule, you should clean your suede and nubuck shoes whenever they start to look dirty or stained.
Q3: Can I use a regular brush to clean suede or nubuck shoes?
A: No, you should use a specialized suede and nubuck brush. Regular brushes can damage the material.
Q4: Can I use a suede eraser to remove all stains?
A: No, a suede eraser is designed to remove light stains and scuffs. For more stubborn stains, you may need to use a specialized suede and nubuck cleaner.
Q5: Can I wear my suede or nubuck shoes in the rain or snow?
A: It's not recommended as moisture can damage the material. If you do wear your suede or nubuck shoes in wet conditions, be sure to protect them with a water-resistant spray and clean them immediately afterwards.
Q6: Can I use a hair dryer to dry my suede or nubuck shoes?
A: No, using hair dryer or other sources of heat can damage the material. Let them air dry at room temperature instead.
Q7: Can I store my suede or nubuck shoes in a plastic bag?
A: No, it's not recommended as the material needs to breathe. Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.