How to clean your leather sneaker - Keeping your leather sneakers in tip-top shape is tough because no matter how safely you keep your Greats, they need more than a quick wipe every now and then. Afterall, your shoes are the first thing that a person sees when they make your acquaintance. I am not saying that it’s the only factor, but it surely contributes greatly to your first impression. And wearing dirty kicks is definitely not going to add positively. So, we came up with a step-by-step guide to help you through!
(Yes, yes, we know we are your saviour.)
Follow each of the following steps and you can’t go wrong:
- Separate the laces: First and foremost, pull out the laces gently and set them aside. Clean them separately later on by soaking them in a bowl containing the solution (water plus 2 to 3 squirts of the SHOEGR cleaning solution).
- Get rid of the dirt: For your next step, remove the dirt from your shoe using a soft brush from the SHOEGR Ultimate Kit. Brush the entire upper portion, midsole and outsole to clear off the dirt.
- Dampen the shoe: Next, dampen your soft brush with the solution. Make sure it’s not soaking or otherwise the leather can get damaged overtime. Move the brush in circular motion, producing a lather and rejuvenating your kicks!
- Clean the Midsole: It’s time to dig out the ‘Medium brush’ from your SHOEGR Kit and clean the Midsole with it by dipping it in the solution. Wipe away the excess lather using a SHOEGR microfibre towel.
- Clean the Outsole: It’s time for the last step before your footgear is as good as new! Take out the hard brush from your SHOEGR kit, dip it in the mixture and clean the outsole in circular motion for maximum effect.
- Wipe Away: Use SHOEGR microfibre towel and wipe your dearest shoe thoroughly. And guess what? You’re all done! By this point your shoe is going to be indistinguishable from the ones in the store (wink, wink).
Remember to check if you missed some stubborn scuffs and repeat the steps, if necessary.
So, there you have it! Now you know how to keep your Leather Sneakers looking good as new for a prolonged period of time. Keep it real and keep drippin’.